The End is the Beginning is the End

Hello again, readers. It sure has been a while. About a little over 3 months, to be exact. It was George Harrison that said, "All things must pass." Unfortunately, that does even include the good things of our lives. To everything, there is a season, right? Because of this, I felt it necessary to reference a Smashing Pumpkins hit from the Batman and Robin soundtrack. Front man, Billy Corgan mentioned writing the lyrics specifically about the caped crusader, who is both an outsider and a figure of admiration. Much in the same way that I have seen, and still see, your people's champion and mine, Evan Gattis over time.

Well, after just over 4 years and 330 exact entries, I have decided that this will be the very last entry for The White Bear Chronicles. I made the announcement just two days ago on social media. There are a few reasons for why I have decided to do this. Namely, so I can focus my attention on my screenwriting, which is an aspiration and dream of mine that I am still in the midst of pursuing. Already, I've been getting some really good online industry mentoring from the Chaz Bono, a.k.a. Cher's child. Honestly, that is where my attention needs to be right now.

Before anyone goes off on any tangents or starts spreading any toxic gossip, I want to make some things perfectly clear.
  1. This is in no way a cop out of anything. It's a matter of sorting out priorities.
  2. With Evan Gattis being a free agent now, the future does feel a bit uncertain in that regard. Plenty of teams could use his power bat, but the question that remains is will they?
  3. I still plan to actively root for the Astros as my team. This was probably the biggest focal point of unnecessary controversy among some of you out there. But depending on where Evan ends up, it just may not be exclusively. Rest assured, if he ends up with the Boston Red Sox or Texas Rangers, I cannot in any good faith rot for either of those teams and will stick exclusively with the Stros.
  4. I will still support Evan Gattis, the rest of his career, and those closest to him. Perhaps, I may even keep up with my tweets about it. However, I just may be a tad more discreet about which things I talk about and which I don't.
Now that the air has been cleared of all that, I want to take this opportunity to thank all of those that have supported me in my run. Whether from the ATL or H-Town, I have had plenty of loyal readers from both teams. I regret that whomever ends up signing Evan Gattis over the winter won't get to enjoy this as fully, but I'm sure it's no tremendous loss to any of them. Additionally, it may prevent a third fan base from coming after me.

Although, haters always find a way to hate, no matter where they are. And to those CDH (critics, doubters and haters) that have done everything to demean, exploit or bully me over the years, I've got one thing to say to all of you: YOU FAILED! And in your failure, I've created tremendous success for myself. Even though I'm not quite where I want to be yet, I'm working to get there. Quite frankly, that's more than many can say about themselves.

Thankfully, songs of praise for El Oso Blanco have been pouring in. For as much guff as I give them, The Crawfish Boxes through me a curve ball with the following tribute below:
Being the emotional guy I am, I did shed quite the bundle of tears reading this. Against the backdrop of cynics and know-it-alls, some have taken the high road in wanting to lift the bear up rather than tear him down. More over, it comes from sources that aren't just me. The comment section of that article really warmed up my heart. Knowing that Evan Gattis will still be loved no matter where he goes is a tremendous feeling.

With all of that, we come to the final thoughts of my last entry. Even now, I find myself fighting back tears. Closing one chapter to start a new one is never an easy thing. But change is necessary, and even beneficial at times. While I will still be a writer for Fansided and active on social media, not posting this frequently each month will leave a void, if even a slight one. But in place of that void, I will be actively pursuing a dream I envisioned almost 5 years ago for myself.

For my loyal supporters, I have nothing but love for you. The most rewarding part of all of this is the support that I have gotten from Evan's own inner circle over the years. Their insights and knowledge have really helped guide me through all of these things. They know who they are, so I'll just leave it at that.

For the CDH crowd, Karma will catch up to you eventually. All in all, this experience has been a fun ride to be apart of. I wanted a voice like mine to be heard. One that isn't at the microphone as much as the haters. I mean, just look to our own president as an example. By the way, if you thought I wasn't going to get just slightly political on this thing as an openly gay political progressive, you still don't know me at all.

But really, this blog has also been a platform to introduce the world to myself and what I'm all about, as much as it was a safe haven to promote the good things about Evan Gattis and enjoy what he brings to the sport of baseball. Variety is the spice of life. Without it, life would be bland and dull. Who wants that, really?! I know I don't, and I'm positive many of you don't either.

Uncertainties of the future are scary. But hope is what will keep us all going forward. I'm chock full of it. And as I use it to pursue my dreams and Evan uses it to continue his, I advise all of you out there to do the same. Nothing great ever comes easy. It takes hard work. But once you get there, it will be all the more worth it.

This post is it's own commencement ceremony. The end of one thing, and the beginning of something new. Just like the title of this post and corresponding song suggests, this will be true both for me and Evan Gattis. Many blessings to all of you for your support over the years, as well as the continued support I still and will receive. Always live your life guided by kindness, joy, and above all love.

TTFN: Ta ta for now!

Original Photo Credit: Bob Levey of Getty Images

Thanks for the memories, everyone!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts