What's In A Dream?!

I'm about to get real deep in this entry. Those who aren't into mush may want to look away.


Here goes:


The other night, I had a dream that started out well, and then took an unexpected and disappointing turn. I was at a baseball signing, a fanfest like atmosphere, if you will. Of course, Evan was there as one of the featured players. As I am in the crowd cheering on the players, I make an effort to flag Evan down to tell him about this blog and my screenplay on his life journey to get his thoughts, and hopefully, his blessings to continue to pursue. But the further I tried to get, the more fans blocked my path. As the dust settled, Evan got into his, what I can only assume is a truck, and drive away.

I know many of you would be quick to want to start labeling me for getting so in depth about this, but truth be told, my over-analysis of things tend to get the better of me. Was this dream trying to tell me something? Or could it just be a revelation of one of my biggest fears? I'll never really know the answer to that until things come into fruition.

But I can say this. I feel Evan and I share a common characteristic of being dreamers. The only difference is he is currently living his dream, and I am still pushing to make mine come true. His road to the majors was a big inspiration in helping me to realize what I feel is my destiny to write for the motion pictures. While most would be quick to call me crazy, I believe myself to be pursuing similar desire that Evan did, but just in different careers. Make of it what you will reader, but I know I can make this happen for myself, and I know I can convince Hollywood enough that Evan's story should be shared outside of the baseball world more broadly to this country, and even some parts of the world. Evan is the living embodiment of dreams coming true and overcoming adversity, and I will not let him or anyone else around him down by giving up on this or throwing in the towel.





In other more cheerful news, I did come across this video interview of Evan to the Astros media about his road to the majors that is very fun, in-depth and insightful:

http://m.mlb.com/hou/video/topic/8879000/v37203595/gattis-on-his-road-to-the-majors-arriving-in-houston/?c_id=hou


Also, shout out to Climbing Tal's Hill for putting Evan in their top 10 of 60 reasons to watch the Houston Astros this season:

  1. Dallas Keuchel‘s beard
  2. Jose Altuve dancing
  3. George Springer dancing
  4. George Springer
  5. Springer and Altuve scoring together
  6. Springer Dingers
  7. Collin McHugh building off of strong rookie year
  8. El Oso Blanco (Evan Gattis): That's Our Evan!!!!
  9. Jason Castro walking up to Skrillex/Macklemore/something similar
  10. Budweiser – The Bud Patio in Center Field
  11. Tal’s Hill is still here!
  12. Max Stassi
  13. @AstrosTrainGuy
  14. #PrideoftheAstros
  15. Conoco Home Run Pump
  16. Astros Shooting Stars
  17. Will Harris
  18. Jed Lowrie Returns to Houston on a 3-year pact
  19. #UpgradedBullpen
  20. #AstrosTwitter
  21. Keuchel’s mysterious pitch offerings (Is it a curve? is it a slider?
  22. Brent Strom Effect
  23. #cHRiscarter
  24. Root Sports Houston
  25. Julia Morales (@JuliaMoralesRS)
  26. Climbing Tal’s Hill is your home for Astros news and analysis!
  27. Jose Altuve
  28. Chick-fil-a sponsorship: eat mor chikin
  29. Tony Sippcareer year?
  30. Luis Valbuena > stop-gap of 2013
  31. Collin McHugh? Future ace? Quality starting pitcher?
  32. Crawford Boxes: Get prepared for artillery strikes (long balls) courtesy of Evan Gattis
  33. There’s this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0XlbBg6NUs
  34. Nolan Ryan appearances
  35. Josh Fields
  36. www.adayolderadaywiser.com (just check it out)
  37. Pat Neshek
  38. Mazda Club – Show your Mazda Key to get free Access!
  39. @astros giveaways on Twitter
  40. @jluhnow also does giveaways during the season!
  41. #AstrosTriviaTuesday
  42. The Astros host the Athletics on Jackie Robinson Day – Wednesday, April 15
  43. Alex White? Will he make his Astros debut?
  44. Luke Gregerson
  45. Mark Appel‘s MLB debut is coming
  46. Scott Feldman
  47. 2014 World Champion San Francisco Giants visit May 12-13
  48. Los Angeles Dodgers visit August 21-23
  49. 2014 AL Champion Kansas City Royals June 29-July 1
  50. Chad Qualls & Killing in the Name of
  51. Follow all of our writers
  52. @huysman_eric
  53. @RyanGonzalez57
  54. @BaseballMiAmor
  55. @AndyYSR
  56. @LarryManch
  57. @obaniont
  58. @brinn59
  59. @andybrown1314
  60. Our Twitter @astrosCTH
  61. Astros Baseball returns in 60 Days!
 





Oh, and then there's this:

Go Astros!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts