The Lovely Lone Star & Sunshine States

I apologize for me making this my first June post, but being on vacation will do that to a person.


Pictures, you ask? Alrighty then....



When we got to the state line!


BEACH LIFE!!!!

Having dinner with Mi Mama Bonita!!!!

Enjoying a Florida staple known locally as Twistee Treat. Highly recommend for those with a sweet tooth!

Oh, and even found time and money to get some new Astros swag while I was at it!



Along with my journeys through the sunshine state, I have also been keeping up with the latest from the Lone Star State. Thankfully, the residents there are starting to get some relief from all the flooding rains. I hope my Red Cross donation will be some small way to help those people over there rebuild their lives, and also hope you all joined me in doing the same for the people of Texas.


But enough about vacations and natural disasters! You're here for baseball, which I am now happy to provide my latest insights!


Oddly enough, a strange and disturbing development has transpired in the American League West division. For the first time in a long time, both of the Texas teams, the Houston Astros and the Texas Rangers, currently sit in the top two spots in that MLB division. Unfortunately for the Astros, the Rangers are now only 3 games behind them, and the lead is slipping away fast.

Even more unfortunate is that the Astros have hit a 5 game losing skid. They also suffered their first sweeping loss of the season to none other than the Toronto Blue Jays of all teams. It is unclear what is happening to the spacemen lately, but I, and hopefully those in Astros Country, will hold onto hope that this team will get it going again. They have all the right components and chemistry, but like all good teams, have hit a fork in the road. I have every bit of confidence that they will steer themselves back in the right direction. Especially, since they have newly elected All Star coach and skipper, A.J. Hinch still at the helm!

And of course, players like THIS BEAR right here!....
Chicago White Sox v Houston Astros
A mighty bear with a mighty bat!





Look, He's so powerful, he can make bats levitate just by looking at them!
 
He even enjoys bathing in sunflower seeds!
 
And of course, no matter what, he always knows how to make a splash!!!!
 
And I just love EVERYTHING about this picture! Evan and Jose Altuve (Or Bearman and Robin, as I like to call them!) with Dwight Howard of the Houston Rockets. Howard makes even the Big White Bear look as puny as Altuve already is. Also, he has a great taste in hats, I might add!
 


Comments

Popular Posts