The Heat is On....Literally! (Pics Included)

Summer officially began this past weekend, and so did my realization that this is my first post in over two weeks. I apologize to you readers once again, as the summer heat isn't the only kind of heat I have been feeling as of late.

Unfortunately, the same thing can be said for the Houston Astros.

Between the hacking scandal with the St. Louis Cardinals, which you can read my in-depth analysis and take on it here:

http://www.fantasypros.com/2015/06/hacking-scandal-cardinals-astros/

AND the struggles the team has had as of late, that include your people's champion and mine, Evan Gattis, a metaphorical heat is clearly being turned up to full blast. You can read my latest update on Evan below:

Evan Gattis

EVAN GATTIS HAS A ROUGH WEDNESDAY IN LOSS

By James ZeankowskiAstros CorrespondentThu, Jun 25th 6:59am EDT
During Wednesday afternoon's 13 inning 2-1 loss to the Los Angeles Angels, Evan Gattis had an odd day of things. He went 1-for-5 with a single, and was called out on a controversial play at 2nd base in the 9th inning. He also collectively tallied a pop out, ground out, strikeout, and was intentionally walked. Through the rather strange outing for him, Gattis managed to keep his average at a consistently steady .228 on the season.
Fantasy Impact: Arguments can be made for that second base call, but regardless, Evan Gattis had a strangely rough day. He was another player that was trying too hard to make something happen, and unfortunately, all of the strides worked unmercifully against the Big White Bear. However, as emphasized throughout the season, fans and fantasy holders would do well to not panic or give up on El Oso Blanco, and should continue to invest in this talented, hard working and upstanding DH with the fullest of confidence and faith!

I mean everything I say here when I point out that Evan appears to be pressuring himself too much again. I've accepted that it is part of his work ethic to be hard on himself. However, I don't believe that it is all necessarily warranted. Yes, he's in a new league. Yes, he's on a new team. Yes, he no longer has a fielding position, and serves as a DH, which still appears to be something fairly new to him.

But what Evan should always remember is that he still leads this club in RBI and is a linchpin in the offensive lineup. His teammates and fans will ALWAYS have his back as much as he always seems to have there's.

Which leads me to my next point of interest, and it is another fan rant. That's right ladies and gentlemen, sit back and relax. You're about to see my fan passion shine through yet again....


Okay, when the Astros made their past sweep of the Rockies in that outing, I noticed so many fans of both the Rockies (and even to my surprise, some Astros fans) make slick comments about National League baseball being the only "real" baseball, or that Astros get to see "real" baseball again.

Here in lies the problem I have with that.....

These fans, though perhaps unintentionally, called designated hitters, like Evan Gattis, not "real" baseball players, or players that have no "real" value to this sport. That sentiment could not be any further from the truth if it tried to be. Evan Gattis is the living embodiment of how all athletes should be, both on AND off the field. And if you don't believe me on this one, the proof is in the pics....














Houston Astros designated hitter Evan Gattis (11) celebrates his solo home run against the Seattle Mariners with teammate Chris Carter (23) in the...






Oh, and then there is my absolutely favorite, and heartwarming, of all pics....



































This is Evan Gattis giving Carlos Correa a hug right before his debut against the Chicago White Sox. If this sort of encouragement, team player attitude, and loving support isn't "real" to those haters and critics out there, then their reality of the game of baseball and of life is substantially skewed!

I rest my case....

pitch perfect animated GIF




Evan Gattis pities the fools that don't believe in him, or the Houston Astros!

Comments

Popular Posts