Nearing the Finish Line....

Today begins the final 3 game series of the regular season for the Houston Astros. They are in Arizona to take on the Diamondbacks and solidify the second wild card spot for the playoffs. Unfortunately, it appears as though the in-state rival Texas Rangers are on there way to win the AL West Division Title. One more win tonight against the Los Angeles Angels will seal that for them.

Oddly enough, if the Rangers do lose, it still works against the Astros favor in that L.A. could sneak closer to taking the wild card away from the spacemen. Needless to say, this weekend is already gearing up to be to be a curious one. So many different scenarios plague what could and could not happen going into the post season.

Unfortunately, our people's champion, Evan Gattis will not be seen very much in this weekend's series due to the games taking place in a National League park. It's times such as these that I wish the commissioner would just bring the DH to both leagues and get it over with. I'm actually opposed to the idea of getting rid of it all together, but that's a topic for a different day.

All is not lost, however, as Skipper A.J. Hinch has already indicated how he will use Evan in a pinch hit situation. He may even use him in one of the games in left field, although the one in Chase Field does look deep and threatening. But nothing is too much to handle for El Oso Blanco, as he has already stated in an interview with MLB beat reporter, Brian McTaggart, the following key points:

"I don't know, We'll see. Also knowing that he can pop me in in a certain situation is also good, that's what he told me. So you know, whatever the manager wants to do I'm OK with, but I'm prepared to play left field."

"Ground balls have always given me the worst trouble. Just told him I'm prepared if that's what they want to do. I don't think I'll play the first game. I'm not sure. Other than that, I'm just ready to either pinch-hit or play left field."

I don't know about you readers out there, but these quotes are the true mark of a true champion, in every sense of the word. Though it will be a bummer to not have him in the regular lineup, he will still be healthy and readily available.

H-Town, I don't think I need to tell you this, but I will anyways. This team needs all of our support now more than ever. For the remainder of their season, however long it may be, I challenge each and every Astros fan out there to put aside the petty nonsense and griping and stand by these spacemen, whom have all worked their tails off all season to even get to the point they are at now. The rally time is now, and I ask this of all of you: Will you stand with me? I hope you won't disappoint me with your responses.








 

These fellas are all champions, and we need to stick by them through the thick and thin. As the following sign says, YOU:

Image result for houston astros 2015 team photo 

Sidebar: I also felt compelled to show this video, since the regular season is winding down to a close, and this particular feat from our people's champion was one that not only scratched heads, but won over hearts and minds in the process. Along with that, here is an article explaining the records he broke in 2015 with it. Enjoy both! And....GO ASTROS!!!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts