"Fest" Your Eyes on This!

So in my usual journey to H-Town, I attended this past weekend's Fan Fest. And it was quite the shindig. Live music, great food, players, coaches, media folks. It was "a hoot and a holler," as some would say. And I was documenting all of the happenings through pics and video.

Join me now, won't you?! As we all now relive Astros Fan Fest 2017 through my eyes!



And of course, some still pics from the event as well!




What I enjoyed the most about this year's festivities is that, even if you didn't get an autograph voucher, they had rotating autograph tables. This was where different players come in and out every 30 minutes. I think that was an ingenious idea on the part of the organization. I commend them deeply for that, and hope these will continue in the future.

And while your people's champion and mine, Evan Gattis was not there at this year's celebration due to being on his honeymoon, there were still plenty of people that thought he was. How, you ask? Well, they confused Brian McCann, aka BMac, for him. According to the Fan Forum Q&A I went to, he mentioned at least 6 fans confused him for El Oso Blanco. Here's what he had to say about it:
Teammate, George Springer, was not surprised at the comparison between the two burly catchers. His response:

I don't know about you, ladies and gentlemen. But I have a tremendous feeling about what is to come in 2017. So much so, I made sure to write that message on the social media board card. I'll leave you folks with that still shot of it, that reads: 2017 World Champs! McCann (#16) + Gattis (#11) = Best Catching Core in the League! - James Zeankowski

GO GET EM', SPACEMEN!!!!

P.S. Take good care of my Atlanta Falcons when they come in for Super Bowl LI, H-Town! I have faith ya'll will. #RISEUP!!!!

Shop for official Houston Astros fan gear from Majestic, Nike and New Era at Shop.MLB.com

Comments

Popular Posts