The Call of the Wild

Disclaimer: The following blog post contains some adult language and material not suited for children. Reader discretion is advised!

The title of Jack London's infamous novel of a dog kidnapped from pet life and forced into the feral world of a sled dog seems only the proper way to go about today's post. After nearly a week of recovering from oral surgery, it was my biggest hope to return to writing with a refreshed body, mind and spirit. Despite some of the recent struggles of the bullpen for the Houston Astros, I was feeling all but certain that I could highlight some of the good things that have transpired in the midst of what are more seemingly dark clouds.

But in searching for silver linings, however, I found yet more dark to go around. So much so, that a brand new attitude and approach has begun to take hold of me, much like the feral life that gripped the dog Buck in London's novel. Jason Marbach, blogger of SB Nation's "The Crawfish Boxes," has decided to take his shenanigans to the next level. Exhibits A and B are on evidentiary support below:


If anyone honestly thought that I was gonna see this, and NOT retaliate, you honestly don't know me very well. Here now are the fatal flaws in what Mr. Marbach has written here:
  1. I have never once admitted to any mental illnesses, and to label such on me is uncouth. I've had my share of depression, anxiety and paranoia bouts, but not to the point where any of caused me so much trouble in order to seek professional help. And even if I have, that's not something that you share with the world, EVER! Especially, from someone who you have never met and know absolutely nothing about!
  2. I have made absolutely no secret about my sexual orientation, NOR do I ever need to. If people are that uncomfortable with it, they can grow up and get a life. These are the same folks that contribute to the tense political climate in this country, and why we have a bully for a president now. Quite frankly, I have absolutely no time for that kind of negativity anywhere in my life right now.
  3. The biggest of these is the wild accusation that Mr. Marbach is making about how the Astros organization has some kind of "file" on me. If that were true, how is that I'm still allowed to games and fan events, like Picnic in the Park? If anyone really felt that concerned about me, wouldn't links be taken to bar me from those things? That is libel at it's highest form, and something I refuse to tolerate!
Yes, Evan Gattis knows exactly who I am because I make it a point to be loyal to him and those around him. There's no foul play going on here, no ulterior motives, NOTHING! And for you, Jason Marbach, to go out and make stuff up to the contrary is a new low that I didn't even think you could sink to. And thanks to you doing such, the complacent ignoramuses, or sheeple as I like to call them, are some how flocking to you with their gullibility, as if everything you're telling them MUST be true, right?! WRONG!

I refuse to sit by and allow myself to keep getting banned from Astros' social media groups and things all because you find it necessary to exert your blatant hatred and ignorance of what El Oso Blanco does every single game that he is able to play for these spacemen and begin smearing me because of my loyalty to him. It's becoming all too clear how much you hate your own life, and want to drag everyone else into your misery. Well, I refuse to play by your rules anymore, and I am calling you, and the rest of the folks at the Crawfish Boxes, and by extension all of the SB Nation community, out! No longer will I stand for this kind of libel, and if necessary, I WILL take legal action! Don't think I won't!

I'm not a perfect fan. At times, my passions may get the better of me. But it does to everyone that loves the game of baseball, as well as those who play it. Despite what some would try to label it as, baseball is not a black or white, man or woman, gay or straight kind of game. It's one for everyone, and we all deserved to be included in it, even me. Having differences of opinion is one thing, and I have always done my part to welcoming it. But insults and libel are something completely different, and I refuse to let anyone get away with such things anymore.

I don't care if you were on the national stage, I would still call you out on this, Jason Marbach. If you want to, like a man, let bygones be bygones and keep to our separate corners in the blogosphere, I'm all for that. However, if you want to keep playing dirty like you have, don't expect me to just take it lying down. I will fight for everything I own and everyone I love.  And that same thing goes for anyone else reading this that wants to seek to smear me or libel/slander me to the public. National media or blogger, fans, it doesn't matter. I will be watching all of you like hawks! Consider yourselves warned!

Original Photo Credit: Jason O. Watson of Getty Images

The expression on the face of Evan Gattis says it all, as even he would find these accusations ludicrous. From here on out, no more Mr. Nice Guy....or bear, for that matter!!!! (Cue Alice Cooper!)

Shop for official Houston Astros fan gear from Majestic, Nike and New Era at Shop.MLB.com

Comments

Popular Posts