True Colors

It's been a while since my last post, and I apologize to you readers for it. I've had a lot on my plate lately. I'm actually trying to prepare for a trip to LA tomorrow, where I will journey to California for the very first time in my life. My actor friend, JP, will be there waiting for me. I can't begin to express how excited I am about this. At the same time, I've been in awe at our Houston Astros advancing to the ALCS. Some more on that later.

But first, as my referencing of a popular Cyndi Lauper song for my post title implies, today is National Coming Out Day. I shared my story on social media that you all will read for yourselves and share. I'm praying to add some inspiration today for those of my fellow LGBTQ folks struggling with identity crisis. Give it a read for yourselves below, folks!:
If my story can help even one young person cast off the shackles of oppression, than I will have succeeded in doing what I set out to do. The fight is far from over, and I yearn for some semblance of common humanity to wash over this country like a raging river. Despite what some might tell me, it isn't just a fool's hope. It's basic human dignity. But I digress....

Now, back to baseball business. One of the lyrics of Lauper's song says, "I can't remember when I last saw you laugh." Well, that has relevance to those that have been in the Astros fan base for quite some time. 16 years since a division title, and 12 years since playing in a league championship, this feeling must be euphoric on many levels. One in which the colors of navy and orange are about to fly high and proud.

The celebrations following the clinching game 4 against the Boston Red Sox were astounding and heartwarming. No surprise, the one of your people's champion and mine, Evan Gattis was among the best clips. Check out the tweet below of him getting doused in beer below, courtesy of local ABC affiliate, Channel 13:
Evan's wife, Kim also made a nice collage of moments from that all important game. The tweet is below!:
Seeing all of the team celebrate the way they did really warms my heart. They have all certainly "earned it." Now, they await the winner of tonight's contest between the Cleveland Indians and the New York Yankees to see who their next opponent will be. I say, personally, bring them both on! No matter who it is, these spacemen will take them on so hard and unrelenting.

The Astros are literally coming out into something of their own. They want the world to know, and are going to let it show. All of these critics constantly downplaying them, saying they are a one and one team, or they don't have the stuff to win it all are about to hang their heads in complete and glorious shame. The splendor seeing it will be one of the best things that I witness in my very lifetime.

Go get em, Stros! Earn that history that we know you all can, and will, make!

Original Photo Credit: Elsa of Getty Images North America

Celebrate good times! COME ON!

Houston Astros 2017 AL West Champs Gear

Comments

Popular Posts