The Stage Being Set (Spring Training Pics Part 3) + Letter for Critics

Tomorrow is the big day that starts the baseball preseason. Cactus and Grapefruit league games will begin, and the first look that fans get at what their teams, as well as the players on them, have in store for the upcoming season. The Houston Astros first exhibition starts on Thursday, and I, for one, just recently purchased my subscription to MLB.TV to get geared up to watch the games from all the way back over here in Atlanta, which in this writer's attempting to be humble opinion, will be a long one for Braves fans at best.

But I digress, it's time to think about the future, and teams and players that want to win it all now, and not years from now. Which is why I am so inclined to post some more pics from Spring Training for you readers. I know, I'm just that nice. Stick around and get to know me, you will definitely find this to be more and more true.


So here you go....

Evan preparing for some more drills with catching teammate, Jason Castro.


Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve (27) runs to third base during Houston Astros spring training workouts at the Osceola County facility, Sunday, March 1, 2015, in Kissimmee. ( Karen Warren / Houston Chronicle  )
FLY, ALTUVE, YOU MOVIE STAR! FLY!! FLY!!!!


Houston Astros right fielder George Springer (4) catches a ball during Houston Astros spring training workouts at the Osceola County facility, Sunday, March 1, 2015, in Kissimmee. ( Karen Warren / Houston Chronicle  )
Springer in Right Field, "Springing" Into Action! Huh?! (Whatever, that's funny!)
Houston Astros center fielder Colby Rasmus (28) during Houston Astros spring training workouts at the Osceola County facility, Sunday, March 1, 2015, in Kissimmee. ( Karen Warren / Houston Chronicle  ) 
Rasmus, appearing to be checking the weather.
Houston Astros shortstop Jed Lowrie (8) yawns during Houston Astros spring training workouts at the Osceola County facility, Sunday, March 1, 2015, in Kissimmee. ( Karen Warren / Houston Chronicle  ) 
Look alive, Lowrie!!



Houston Astros designated hitter Chris Carter chats with actor and stand-up comedian as rains confined players to the batting cage during Houston Astros spring training workouts at the Osceola County facility, Saturday, Feb. 28, 2015, in Kissimmee. ( Karen Warren / Houston Chronicle  )
Carter has a big bat, but can he also make big laughs?!
Houston Astros first baseman Jon Singleton (21) runs a drill during the first full squad workout during Houston Astros spring training at the Osceola County facility, Wednesday, Feb. 25, 2015, in Kissimmee. ( Karen Warren / Houston Chronicle  ) 
Singleton, running a drill.
Houston Astros relief pitcher Pat Neshek (37) throws live BP during Houston Astros spring training workouts at the Osceola County facility, Friday, Feb. 27, 2015, in Kissimmee. ( Karen Warren / Houston Chronicle  )
Pat Neshek doing some pitching drills.
Baseball fans watch players cool down after the first full squad workout during Houston Astros spring training at the Osceola County facility, Wednesday, Feb. 25, 2015, in Kissimmee. ( Karen Warren / Houston Chronicle  ) 
These fans are just as ready as I am, if not more so!
Houston Astros manager A.J. Hinch, left, watches batting practice with Houston Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow during the first full squad workout during Houston Astros spring training at the Osceola County facility, Wednesday, Feb. 25, 2015, in Kissimmee. ( Karen Warren / Houston Chronicle  ) 
Skipper Hinch and GM Lunhow. Or as I like to call them, the Generals!



Houston Astros third base coach Gary Pettis (10) leads outfielders in a drill during the first full squad workout during Houston Astros spring training at the Osceola County facility, Wednesday, Feb. 25, 2015, in Kissimmee. ( Karen Warren / Houston Chronicle  )
Coach Gary Pettis leading the outfielders in a drill. Evan stands among them!





Orbit decides to get in on the fun!
 
Evan sharing a laugh with catcher, Jason Castro.
 

The White Bear plans his next hunt!
 
Evan getting ready for batting practice, which is always a spectacle!
 
That cage won't hold the White Bear for long!
 
TOLD YOU!!!!

If I may get serious for a minute, because I know you readers LOVE when I do that, I have yet more things to say in regards to my critics. Many of you out there reading this blog are very quick to throw the jabs, calling me things like "fanboy,""obsessive," and even so far as "Gattis groupie" or "not a real fan of this game." Some of you critics, especially in Braves Country, may even be celebratory at the fact that I am no longer a Braves fan, and good riddance to me, and what have you.

The truth is that I am now on a hiatus from the Atlanta Braves. I may come back if they earn my trust, but the trade of Evan hurt me too much for me to root for them now. The Houston Astros saw a genuine article in Evan Gattis, much like I do, and provided a good American League home for him. In his home state, no less.

I make no secret of the fact that I did work tirelessly on social media to prevent the Braves from trading Evan, and even made a YouTube video. It's a battle I have long since accepted defeat in with a heavy heart. But like it or not critics, that defeat in no way makes me a failure. Far from it; it made me a stronger fan of the game, and an even stronger and more devoted fan and ally to Evan himself.

So go ahead and scorn me all you want, critics. Throw the names, punches, and negativity to your heart's content. My loyalties are pure and honest, and YOU WILL NEVER SILENCE ME! Nor will you ever silence those of us fans whom remain loyal to one of the best all around players that has ever happened to baseball in the longest time.


In Other Words, Critics....

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts