The Waiting....Is the Hardest Part!

I wanted to start today's post by stating that I hope that everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving holidays with friends, family, and all else. Even with still having to work, I made the holiday work for myself and my loved ones, too. I expect the rest of the holidays to go quite smoothly, leading up to my new job opportunity that I start in Fort Worth in January. (More on that in a future post!)

But now for the looming topic of today: The MLB Tender Deadline.

I'm sure there are many of you out there that have seen the multiple amount of headlines regarding which players the Houston Astros will keep and tender a contract to before the clock strikes 11:59 pm tomorrow evening. Unfortunately, as much as I despise that we are dealing with another winter of discontent, Evan Gattis just happens to be among those players. Here I was, like so many in Evan's fan base, loyalist among them all, feeling like we wouldn't have to witness a rerun of this old drama. But circumstances being what they are, this is where we all find ourselves. It is frustrating to no end.

So at 11:59 pm tomorrow evening, El Oso Blanco will have to have his future decided, yet again, by another baseball GM intent on making some changes. Please don't get me wrong, I very much want to trust that Jeff Lunhow and Jim Crane will both do the right thing to make the Houston Astros better than they already are and were this past season. In doing so, I want to trust that they will make the right decisions on which players deserve the right to stay. Evan is very much among them, having led in so many cumulative offensive stats last season, despite a slow start. Those things should not be ignored from either Mr. Crane or Mr. Lunhow.

The hope is that they will make these holidays the merriest of ones for Evan, his family, friends, new fiance, his loyal fans and fans of the Astros as a team by keeping him, and his club house presence and current status as club leader of home runs and RBI, on board. However, they will both be the biggest of grinches and scrooges if they decide to non-tender him, or heaven forbid, trade him again to yet another team. People can argue their points to death, but the fact remains that Evan Gattis should remain a Houston Astro....PERIOD!

All still remains to be seen as to what will actually transpire tomorrow. I don't think I need to tell you folks, though I will anyways, that this whole thing has me and all of the loyal White Bear devotees incredibly on edge. I would even venture to guess that even some lifelong Astros fans are even on edge just as well. While becoming a free agent early may be a tempting thing for Evan, there is also the issue of which other team(s) out in the league, if any at all, would be willing to sign him.

I will, of course, keep all of you posted here on The White Bear Chronicles on the very latest developments as they become available to me and the rest of the public. But for now, the only thing we can all really do now is continue doing the same thing we have been doing already....WAITING.

He Should Be Allowed to Stay, But Will He, Instead, Go? Stay Tuned!!!!


















Comments

Popular Posts