The Incredible Shrinking White Bear

Before I begin with today's posting, I would like to point out that this title does not, in any way, indicate a tear down or deconstructive criticism or ridicule of Evan. Those that know me well enough know that I would never do anything like that to him. I always mean it when I say that my loyalty to Evan Gattis is unwavering, and I will always stand by him through the good AND the bad.

That being said, the title was thought up to illustrate what I feel may be happening to him lately, metaphorically speaking. In my Twitter feed yesterday, I received this notification:


Read this post on Evan Gattis before the game starts and the stats are rendered invalid.


My journalistic curiosity, as per usual, led me to click on the link to this young man's blog post. If you care to read it for yourself, the link is posted below:

http://www.astroscounty.com/2015/05/what-in-world-is-wrong-with-evan-gattis.html

I have to admit, he does know his numbers. Needless to say as well, it was painful for me to read such an article. The old saying of "the truth hurts sometimes" most assuredly applied here to some of the things stated. Evan's most recent slumps, like all he may and has gone through, are a hard thing to bear. (Pun intended, just a little bit.)

However, like with all critics in Astros Country, this writer fails to forget that adjustments to a new league and team can, in fact, create more of an impact on a player's performance than originally thought. I attempted to highlight this in my most recent long form article for FantasyPros, which you can read by going here:

http://www.fantasypros.com/2015/05/fantasy-baseball-the-impact-of-changing-leagues/

Do any of you readers out there see a difference in these two articles? No disrespect to Thickie Don over here, but I'm pretty sure in my analysis, I was a bit more constructive then he was in trying to build Evan up rather than "shrink" him down to size. I managed to be firm, while at the same time, allowing my loyalty and devotion to be put on display.

Thickie Don, I realize you're frustrated with Evan. I realize all of Astros Country is. Even with my loyalty to him, I MYSELF have had times of frustration in the White Bear. He just doesn't seem to be catching his breaks. But honestly, to say the metaphorical "plug" needs to be pulled on him after only a month and a half into the season is downright preposterous. It only furthers the deconstruction, or "shrinking" of El Oso Blanco that appears to be taking place everywhere.

Instead of offering meaningful advice on how Evan can improve at the plate, which I have offered in many of my fantasy updates, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!; We instead, get this:

 Wiesbaden, Hessen
Is the Evan Gattis () wear a huge, gold belt buckle tonight?

 
evan gattis does indeed have aids.


Seriously?! Awful rumors and comments on his belt buckle?! I would dare anyone of you that slams Evan on his batting and playing to give it a try for a while. I MEAN IT! GO DO IT YOURSELF, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN!

Things like this are all done in an attempt to "shrink" Evan Gattis out of baseball existence. To lessen any and all real contributions he makes to this Houston Astros ball club, as well as to the sport itself. Well, I REFUSE TO STAND FOR IT ANY LONGER! 

At least I have Jay Mohr to help me with this somewhat. He interviewed Evan just two days ago, and you can listen to it here. You may need an IHeart membership to do so, but worth a shot:

http://www.iheart.com/show/Jay-Mohr-Sports-Hours/?episode_id=27236318

Rather than sit there and laugh at, and or hasten the current metaphorical "shrinking" Evan may be going through at the plate or feeling on a professional or personal level, I'll be one of the few that actually seeks to find a metaphorical anecdote to all of this to save Evan from all the unneccesary cruelty. My hope is that this article is, and will be, a start.





There has to be someone out there other than me that wants to help me reverse this. I swear to you, Evan, I won't let these haters and critics keep making you shrink. I vow to grow you back to your phenomenally gigantic and powerful size. No matter what it may do to me. You'll get out of this, and I'm gonna help you all I can. I'm always there for you, bear buddy! 

Comments

Popular Posts