Going on the Prowl!

The Houston Astros retain the third best record in all of Grapefruit League at 11-5, and all of the players seem to be progressing nicely, minus a few exceptions. That does include your people's champion and mine, Evan Gattis.

Just take a look at some of these recent tweets:







And these fan photos from spring training also help to show just how much of a people's champion Evan really is. A big thank you to all that have posted!:





And my personal favorite of the bunch:



All of this excitement just makes me, and I'm sure so many of you other fans and readers out there, yearn to have El Oso Blanco back in the lineup. For the life of me, I cannot seem to figure out why he is not playing already from what has been documented. Yes, I know about the whole "make sure he's 100%" bit, but I really have yet to see any indication that Evan is anything less than. Suppose we'll just have to wait out the decisions being made at camp.

So ends another interesting week. One that even had me getting back into the game of traffic reporting, even though it was just a temporary fill-in gig. But now, I get to spend a very interesting upcoming birthday weekend (Actual birthday is on Sunday the 20th, FYI!) journeying down to San Antonio to see a couple of sites. Most notably, to partake in my Texas rite of passage to see the Alamo. And then, stay the night in Austin and attempt, emphasis on the word attempt, to see a couple of the sites there before departing to go back home Sunday afternoon.

We'll see what everything in the near future holds. Until then, I just want to say....


Photo Credit: Julia Morales of Root Sports Southwest

Put Him In, Coach! He's Ready to Play....TODAY!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts