Two Years Gone

Playing off a Led Zeppelin song for my title. Don't you just love it, ladies and gentlemen? I've been gone for a week, and I apologize to you readers out there. A few personal and health related problems have kept me away. But I'm back now, and life is, as The Beatles so eloquently put it, getting better all the time! (Two classic rock references in a row! I'm on fire, folks!)

Today actually marks a special day for The White Bear Chronicles. It is the 2nd anniversary of the blog. 200+ posts, and just over 53,000 page views later, I'm still up and running. All of this could not have been possible without all of the wonderful support I have gotten out there from you readers.

So as a big thank you, and to reminisce, here are some of my top posts:

July 15th, 2015 "A Midsummer Nights Dream"

This was a post when I was actively campaigning for Evan Gattis to be selected to the All Star Team for 2016. Though it would not be, I still attest that he has the skills to be an all-star, but merely lacks being given the opportunities by management and fans.

July 22nd, 2015 "The Whataburger What-a-Guy!"

In his first public signing as an Astro, Evan Gattis broke Whataburger Astros player signing records. Nearly 400 fans showed up that day. It was truly a sight to behold!

January 26, 2016 "2016 'Fest' Pump (Part-2 - The After Party)

One of the most exciting events I've ever attended in my life. The 2016 Astros Fan Fest. And boy, was it some party!

July 25th, 2016 "Let It Be 'Gnome'"

Two days after my first ever game at Minute Maid Park, I posted this one. Evan Gattis hit not one, but TWO home runs on his gnome giveaway night. It was magical!

August 18th, 2016 "The Milestone Birthday Bear Bash!"

I always make it a habit to celebrate Evan's birthday. This one, however, was his milestone 30th! And I attempted to make this one of the best posts I've ever had across the entire blog. I like to think I've succeeded in that venture.

August 29th, 2016 "The Wild Walkoff Weekend"

Carlos Correa game tying home run + Evan Gattis walkoff home run back to back = One hell of a good time!

September 22nd, 2016 "Going the Distance with the Dirty Thirty!"

When the Astros were still technically in the playoff hunt, and Evan Gattis hit his 30th home run in a single season, and 100th of his career, in the same day. Ah, memories.

October 7th, 2016 "Field General, You Say?!"

One I posted 10 days ago, showing how Evan Gattis is a much better defender than given credit for. Despite what the critics, doubt casters and haters say, I always post stats to backup my fan loyalty at every turn!

Notice, I did not include any of my 3 months worth of posts while he was still an Atlanta Brave. Well, that's for good reason. Because they had something good in him and traded him away for, pardon my french to Folty and the other prospects of the deal, peanuts. Can you tell I still kind of hold a grudge for that organization?

So while the negativity will continue being thrown at El Oso Blanco, I will always be around to help shield him from anything damaging. There will always be those that try to tear me and Evan down, but there efforts will continue to be unsuccessful. And for those out there that continue to raise us both up, if even in the smallest ways, I say thank you!

Original Photo Credit: Bob Levey of Getty Images

Oh, and Evan Gattis himself, I'm sure, thanks all of you as well!


Shop for official Houston Astros fan gear from Majestic, Nike and New Era at Shop.MLB.com

Comments

Popular Posts