And Now....Here's Something I Hope You'll Really Like. (Or not....)

Yes, I DID just reference Rocky and Bullwinkle, but only in an attempt to exhaust yet another fan rant and explanation. Starting to get a little sick of these, but here goes:


Just when I thought I was safe in Crawfish Country, I came across comments on one of the Astros' message boards, seeking to label me as "coming on too strong" or "needing to back off" or about me having a "love for" or "obession" with Evan Gattis.

This could be people just trying to be mean, but part of me really has to wonder where people are getting this stuff? Especially, when they don't know me or a single solitary thing about me.

Just as a brief vocabulary lesson, if I may, let's examine the definitions of both these words:

Passion - An intense emotion, compelling enthusiasm or desire for anything.

I tend to think that this more describes me as it relates to Evan and how excited I get to see him play or do things to give back to the community. Meeting him at a signing last May has been, to this day, the highlight of my life so far. And Evan could not have been more of a gentleman to me and all of the fans that were there in attendance. Not to mention, a lot of Braves fans are still in mourning over this trade, even though it was made beyond our control.

I'll admit, sometimes I do worry about the way my passions come off. Especially, since I have not actually heard anything from Evan himself via social media or the like about this blog or my desire to turn his life's journey into a movie, since sports commentators hammer it home so damn much, anyways. I don't take it too much to heart, since he does have a full plate, after all.


However, his own girlfriend, Kim, and family members have endorsed me in some degree, especially on social media. I'll never really be able to tell them personally how much that means to me, unless fate happens to work in my favor. But the mere evidence of these endorsements, especially on Twitter, should be enough to make me feel somewhat better and less scared about continuing to pursue this blog and the screenplay on his life's journey.


Right?!

Obsession - A compulsive or irrational preoccupation. An unhealthy fixation.

This is very much the opposite of me. If people actually took the time to get to know me, they'd see that I have plenty of other things in my life that I exert passion and compassion towards besides just Evan Gattis and his life and career in baseball. I work two jobs, support my own family, and am making and exhausting all efforts to break into Hollywood with my screenwriting. Believing full well that I was destined to be a writer for the motion pictures, I exert that passion to it every day, writing stories of all genres that multiple audiences would enjoy. But I digress....


I have passions and desires to contribute to Evan Gattis' success for many reasons, shared by most of his fan base alike.

1. He is the genuine article and plays the game of baseball well, despite the critics.

2. He's the champion of the people and shows it constantly.

3. Through all the success, he remains a humble and generous man. Which in sports today, that's extremely hard to find when you consider all the scandals out there happening.


So go ahead, critical and cynical baseball fans, media and readers. Keep jabbing at me if you must. But your words will never hurt me. And I will never relent or give up on, or in following in the footsteps of Evan Gattis and making my own dreams come true. Do with that what you will!

Forever the People's Champion and Role Model!

Comments

Popular Posts