The White Bear....Back in His Natural Habitat

The fond farewells of Braves fans to Evan Gattis have been overwhelming this past week. Seven days since the trade, and some of it is still trying to sink in for me. But as the old saying goes, "There's no use crying over spilled milk." In this particular case, John Hart and the Braves Organization tipped over the entire truck and soaked the highway in it!

That club has to earn my trust back. I'll admit, I went from the "I never want to speak to you again" phase to the "I need some time to think" phase. As it looks right now, the Atlanta Braves may never win my trust back. But stranger things have happened, so we shall see how that plays out.

In the meantime, I've already received a pretty warm, thoughtful reception from the likes of Houston Astros fans. One such fan on a message board even went so far as to give me formatting advice. Something of which I never received from a single Braves fan. Given all of this evidence, perhaps Crawfish Country may just be the baseball fan base that I can now belong to. I guess the saying of "Everything's Bigger In Texas" may just apply to some hearts there, too.

Sidebar: I'm starting to get a kick out of some of these supper imposing Astros apparel over polar bear pics:




And even the ones that have Evan sporting new Astros attire. (Again, Orange has always been my favorite color, so I can totally dig this!)



 



Houston, You're Gonna Hear Him Roar!!!!



Comments

Popular Posts