Good Night, Sweet Prince....

I'm quoting Shakespeare to illustrate exactly the kind of pain and suffering that I am feeling right now to the point of almost not being able to breathe....seriously. While I said I'd follow Evan no matter where he goes (and you better believe I'll be buying an Astros hat very soon!), it still doesn't change the fact that one of the best things to ever happen to the Braves, and to a greater extent, the city of Atlanta, has just now been handed over to an opposing team. A player and man that single handily got ME excited for baseball, especially in Atlanta again....GONE!

There's no way to come back from that....just no way.

Not to mention, I am still heavily getting heckled by other Braves fans, accusing me of coveting Gattis. I'm not the only one that wanted Evan to stay, but perhaps the strongest of those advocates. Call it what you will, but Evan is the living embodiment of overcoming adversity to achieve dreams. I happen to be doing that same thing with wanting to pursue my screenwriting. Doesn't help that I got more bad news on that front today, but I'll save that for my screenwriting blog.

The truth is....One of the screenplays I want to write, and in fact already have a draft for, is a TV movie on Evan's life story. Meeting him last Spring was only the first step in how exactly I want to contribute to his success. A lot of people want to call me crazy and a fool for wanting to even think about writing or doing such a thing, saying things like "It will never happen," or "Keep dreaming." And even though there is an old saying that haters are your motivators, which is true to a degree, what am I to do with all the discouragement that comes with it? Sometimes, that aspect can be a little too hard to bear.

Sure I do have some support, but with Evan gone now, my accessibility in trying to get his permission to do this script is now limited to the point of almost not being possible. It frightens, saddens, and angers me all at the same time. Now, some fancy Hollywood name or local Texas writer could get a hold of him before me, and my biggest of all dreams could be smashed just that quickly. I can't let it happen, and refuse to let it happen. I mean, who better to tell this man's story on screen than someone that has followed it from the beginning, blogged extensively about his career, and has been in the very city that found Evan for most of their life?

I don't know if Evan even reads my blog. My hope is he does and is happy with it, but I won't really know for sure unless I'm told by him personally. But if I can ask one thing to Evan, his family, friends, classmates, his wonderful girlfriend, Kim Waters, or anyone close to him that reads this for that matter, it's this; PLEASE DON'T FORGET BRAVES COUNTRY! AND PLEASE KEEP ME IN MIND FOR THIS SCRIPT PROJECT!

I'm hurting terribly, and it's going to take a lot of time for this wound to heal. But I'm hoping someone out there reading this will be able to provide me the band aid I need. Until then, give them hell, Evan! GO ASTROS!

We'll Miss You, Oso Blanco!

Comments

Popular Posts