In Memoriam of Oso Blanco....

....from the Atlanta Braves, that is. What did you think I meant? See, even in the midst of the horrible news, I can still find a way to laugh.

All joking aside, I decided to come up with a list of the top 24 (in honor of what will surely be his former number, at least from his former team) songs to describe how I feel about John Hart and the Atlanta Braves right now. Mostly from the title, but if played, also some relevant lyrics.


For your enjoyment, here they are. If nothing else, you get one hell of an eclectic playlist:

24. I Can't Explain - The Who
23. What is and What Should Never Be - Led Zeppelin
22. You Keep Me Hanging On - The Supremes (80's Cover by Kim Wilde - I actually like that one better!)
21. Stay - Lisa Loeb
20. Ironic - Alanis Morrisette
19. Blowing in the Wind - Bob Dylan
18. Dust in the Wind - Kansas
17. Brain Damage - Pink Floyd
16. Running Down a Dream - Tom Petty
15. Decode - Paramore
14. My Hero - Foo Fighters
13. Take a Bow - Madonna
12. Little Lies - Fleetwood Mac
11. Lies - Thompson Twins
10. Pompeii - Bastile
 9. Shout - Tears for Fears
 8. Run Like Hell - Pink Floyd (I know it's a second time, but damn it, they're the most influential band on my life!)
 7. Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins
 6. I Stay Away - Alice in Chains
 5. Float On - Modest Mouse
 4. Shadows of the Night - Pat Benatar
 3. Why? - Annie Lennox
 2. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - AC/DC (A very close second!)

And the number one song to describe how I feel about the Braves right now....

1. After the Glitter Fades - Stevie Nicks (The one and only!)

Here is the chorus to that song:

For me... it's the only life
That I've ever known
And love is only one...
Fine star... away
Even though the living
Is sometimes laced with lies...
It's alright...
The feeling remains
Even after the glitter fades

And here is a video for the song....



Evan, I know you're gonna do well wherever you go, and us true die hard fans will always be in your corner no matter what. Just please don't forget us here in Atlanta. As Stevie says, "The feeling remains, even after the glitter fades."

            His legend will live on in all of us Braves Fans!

May 10th, 2014 - Still the best day of my life so far! But my contributions to his success are far from over!


     Evan "El Oso Blanco" Gattis
(April 3, 2013 - January 14th, 2015)

Comments

Popular Posts