A Second Poll (Because I Was SO Compelled)

I posted a second poll at the top of the blog, should the unthinkable happen this off season. Feel free to cast your vote for that one as well.

Wonder where I'll be in 2015? I know fans want me back in Atlanta. Guess we'll see, huh?


As one article in AL.com sports section put it, as a viable option for the Braves:

Move catcher Evan Gattis back to left field
Gattis has been mentioned as a prime trade candidate for this winter, given his power, low salary and "born to DH" profile. He'd probably bring back a nice return from an AL club looking for offensive help, but probably not as much as Justin Upton. While Gattis' days behind the plate are clearly numbered, he's still a few years away from being a complete liability on defense. Gattis played quite a bit of left field as a rookie in 2013 and while he wasn't good there by any measure, he wasn't that much worse than Justin Upton was in 2014. Moving Gattis would also open up the catching position for *Christian Bethancourt, another future Gold Glover. Gattis is also arguably the Braves' most-popular player, a not-unimportant consideration for a team with flagging attendance. 

*I don't really agree with him being a Gold Glover, at least not in the near future. But again, could just be me.

Comments

Popular Posts