An Infamous "No-Trade" List

Now, my blog is, and always be focused on the career of Evan Gattis, as I seek to contribute to his success, rather than be quick to point out his failures like some in baseball media, specifically Braves beat writers, constantly attempt to do. But I feel like I should mention something about another player; Justin Upton.

With the strategically named "Hot Stove" season underway with baseball making its trades and free agent acquisitions, Evan has been mentioned along with the likes of Jason Heyward and Justin Upton. However, Justin Upton has been the most public in making what he has dubbed a "No-Trade" list. One such Twitter headline from an MLB writer caught my attention:

Justin Upton's updated no-trade list allows him to block deals to Cubs, Brewers, Indians, and Blue Jays, source says.

Now, reports are coming in that he may add the Red Sox to this group as well. One has to wonder why Justin Upton is going to such great links to do this. Does he know something the public does not yet? Is he actually wanting to be traded? I would hope the answer to the second question is a solid no, sense he has been a tremendous offensive asset to us, and the Braves need all the bats they can get. However, if there is actually a desire there to want to be on another team, then I say trade him first. And if possible, attempt to spare Heyward and Gattis by extending the first, and most especially, keeping the second. I like Justin Upton because he actually has talent. But, and no disrespect to him, but making a list like this is just a tad bit Diva-ish. But again, that could be just how I'm seeing it.

Justin Upton recently removed the Mariners from his no-trade list, according to sources. (USATSI)
These Braves, man....
Evan Gattis is reportedly on the trade block. Some AL teams could use him.
Hey, if Justin goes, can I stay? Please?!




Comments

Popular Posts