Everyone's a Critic....But Not Everyone Should Be

While browsing through a Braves fan message board, I came across something in one of the comments that made me so sick to my stomach!

Gattis has a great bat, but can't use a glove to save his life. Plus, he has back problems. He's a better catcher than a LF, and catchers with back problems is like a pitcher with shoulder problems. He can't play LF worth a damn. I like the guy, but as long as the NL doesn't have a DH, he's worthless to us.

Excuse me, but what exactly makes Evan Gattis worthless? Sometimes, I look at things like this and almost hope that he will be traded, if for nothing else, to dodge bullshit comments and like this. 

Okay, let's be honest, I really want him to stay a Brave. But seriously, WORTHLESS?! I will never, for the life me, understand why any fan of the Braves or of baseball would ever say such things as these. I'm pretty sure 43 home runs in 783 plate appearances over two seasons is FAR from worthless. Do the math, that means Evan Gattis has, to this date, averaged a home run per every 18.2 plate appearances. 

It is the general consensus that his defense, on all fronts, can withstand a little upkeep. But seriously, he more than makes up for any defensive deficiencies with the swing of his power bat. He drives in more runs than he allows. Evan Gattis is far from worthless, and is in fact, one of the most worthwhile players in this sport, both on AND off the field. 

True fans of baseball have their hearts racing when the White Bear steps up to bat and cling to the edge of their seat every time he takes a swing. Evan even makes striking out a thing of sheer beauty. He is a force to be reckoned with, and critics and cynics had better recognize that!

Worthless, huh? Yeah, keep hating haters! Y'all don't know shit!

Comments

Popular Posts