Will the White Bear Be Flexible?

I want to believe the answer to this question is yes. Evan Gattis has always shown a great team spirit and work ethic, and is tirelessly always improving his approach to the game of baseball. This includes both on AND off the field. So we already know he CAN be flexible. But will he be?

As all the talk of him being moved to left field, or worse traded, next season goes into full swing, apart of me really wonders what can be going through Evan's mind. Is he upset by all of this? Is he fine with it? Is he neutral? Does he want this to merely be a decision influenced by the ball club, and not by him? I only wish I had the opportunity to pick through it some.

Unfortunately, we will not know anything unless Evan is willing to address the public somehow through comments on traditional or social media. Two things, I may add, that I specialize in. But with all the lingering decisions of his future still being thrown around on the "Hot Stove" as they call it, he may just be playing it cool. Which is completely fine, because Evan should never be made to do anything he doesn't feel comfortable with. But from a man who is usually an open book about things, this is very unusual of him.

If any of you readers out there are thinking I'm trying to mother hen on Evan, you couldn't be further from the truth. I'm simply letting my devotion as his biggest fan show by desiring to know if he will be flexible in wanting to move to left field for the Braves, or will he just want to be traded to catch for someone else? I'm not at all sold on Christian Bethancourt, and believe that kid still has a long way to go before being ready to be a STARTING catcher.

But I digress, as stated previously, I have no say in the matter. But it is my hope that John Hart will let Evan Gattis have a say in what he wants to do, for Evan's benefit and the collective benefit of the Atlanta Braves.

Come on, Evan. Say something. You know you want to....

Comments

Popular Posts